Who We Are
RetroFit Technologies is a privately-owned, full-service IT Managed Services company providing IT Security Solutions, End-User Help Desk, Professional Services and Field Services.At RetroFit Technologies, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. We empower you to do great work in a company with over 40 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Overview of Responsibilities
This is a key management position for the Company. The Corporate Controller will actively contribute as a true cross-functional business partner as a value-added contributing member of the Company’s management team. He/she will help lead the Finance and Accounting Department from being historical record keepers to being integral strategic business partners servicing its internal cross-functional customers. You will direct and oversee the financial activities needs of the corporation including preparation of all financial reports, including P&L, Balance Sheets, annual budget, comparisons of actual results to budget, as weekly financial reporting to members of the management team. You will advise, lead and direct the day-to-day activities of bookkeeping, and purchasing department of the company, and ensure smooth operations of finance and administration departments. The Controller is also responsible to act as a liaison with company’s relationship(s) with financial institutions, as well as the primary liaison with our external CPA firm for financial and tax reporting and planning.
Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting and Finance department. You will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, rewarding, disciplining employees, performance reviews, and addressing complaints and resolving problems for your department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- CPA Preferred and MBA Preferred
- 7+ years of financial operations experience, preferably in the IT industry.
- Excellent understanding of financial management and reporting processes, with understanding of GAAP, tax, and compliance issues in the IT industry.
- Experience with Great Plains Accounting Software (Required).
- Experience with Quickbooks (Required), Experience with GP to Quickbooks migration considered a huge plus!
- Experience administering Human Resources procedures and policy.
- High personal integrity is an absolute must.
- High energy, Positive and strong work ethic.
- Detailed oriented but can step back and see the big picture.
- Strong cultural fit to an open, entrepreneurial informal environment.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies. Monitors and analyzes financial statements to ensure ratios are in line with industry standards. Provides monthly, quarterly and annual financial operating reports to the CEO and Management Team.
- Responsible for understanding, as well as supervises and oversees Accounting department personnel, budget preparation and annual audit/ review by external CPA firm. Meets regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction.
- Provides procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper financial records and adequate accounting controls and services.
- Reviews reports to analyze projections / budgets of sales and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggests methods of improving the planning process as appropriate.
- Analyzes company operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, down-sized, or eliminated.
- Negotiates/arranges routine, operational level financing/leasing arrangements.
- Monitors cash flows and ensures efficient flows of working capital.
- AR Cash Receipts Forecast.
- Ensure that AP are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that AR is collected in a timely manner.
- Banking Payment Management.
- Manage Monthly Close Process.
- Payroll Processing in a timely manner.
- Oversee Employee Benefits plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Maintain Banking relationships.
- Monitor Cash balances and Cash forecasts.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.