Engineers at RetroFit are responsible for the development and delivery of our technical offerings. This position is an engineer in the Break-Fix department. The Break-Fix department coordinates, installs, troubleshoots, and repairs hardware. Hardware includes laptops, desktops, printers, servers, storage, and network devices, among other assorted endpoints. The position requires extensive travel to our client base.
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers.
- Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail, and in person.
- Handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Communicates with the Service Delivery Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes, etc.).
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Travel from customer to customer responding to service calls.
- Troubleshoot and resolve a variety of hardware and software problems including repairs on desktops, notebooks, servers, tape libraries, printers, and other related peripherals.
- Desktop, laptop, and printer deployments.
- Hardware upgrades
- Research, order and return parts associated with hardware repairs.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Escalate problems in a timely manner.
- Assist and support other engineers technically and for territory coverage.
- Attend company and customer meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Experience with ticketing and asset management systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong interpersonal communication and team-based skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
We offer our employees a casual, upbeat yet challenging work environment along with an extensive benefits package that includes:
- OEM certifications (HP, HPE, Dell, IBM, Lexmark, Apple, etc.).
- HP printer repair experience.
- HP laptop and desktop repair experience.
- HPE servers, storage, and networking repair experience.
- ITILv4 Foundations.
- Experience with Autotask PSA.