Engineers at RetroFIt are responsible for the development and delivery of our Managed Services offerings. The Managed Services Manager is responsible for managing a team of engineers that apply the necessary technical breadth to provide top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients.
- Provide design, implementation, technical support services and consulting to Managed Services clients to meet their business
- Thorough understanding of client/server architecture
- Configuration, management, and troubleshooting skills for, switches, firewalls and WAP’s
- Administering LAN/WAN security, anti-virus and spam control measures
- Handle all NOC Type activities such as recurring alerts for failed backups, outages, patching, etc.
- Provide innovative technical solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers
- Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail and in person.
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning
- Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
- Communicates with Technical Services Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
- Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Other duties as assigned
NOC Management Responsibilities:
- Manage Network Operations, Help Desk and Back-up Services Teams
- Manage on-call rotation schedule
- Manage Resource utilization – enforcing time logging
- Management and champion of internal tool set.
- Define Processes with Managed Services Engineer
- Manage Ticket flow & process
- Run weekly NOC Team meetings
- Responsible for Managed Services Service Delivery
- Responsible for KPI Reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Sense of Urgency – Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Experience with management of physical server and storage infrastructure
- Experience with VMware or Hyper-V
- Minimum two years management level experience
- Excels in high pressure situations
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 and above
- Experience with network infrastructure management
- Experience ticketing and asset management systems
- Experience with Office 365 and spam solutions
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Must have strong interpersonal communication and team-based skills
- Must have strong documentation skills
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
- Microsoft certifications such as Windows Server, O365, or Azure
- Project Management Experience
- ITILv4 Foundations
- Experience with RMM/PSA Toolsets such as Datto Autotask/ConnectWise