Engineers at RetroFIt are responsible for the development and delivery of our Managed Services offerings. Engineers apply the necessary technical breadth to providing top level technical support services and operational leadership, including problem resolution, and technical change implementation for Managed Services clients. Engineers at RetroFit are smart, hardworking individuals with top level experience and enjoy working on highly visible, technically challenging projects and service offerings. They are high caliber, well rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technology, with exceptional customer service and communication skills
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide design, implementation, technical support services and consulting to Managed Services clients to meet their business needs.
- Design plan, and implement solutions using the latest technology.
- Thorough understanding of client/server applications architecture.
- Configuration, management, and troubleshooting skills for routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Administering LAN/WAN security, anti-virus and spam control measures.
- Handle all NOC Type activities such as recurring alerts for failed backups, outages, patching, etc.
- Network troubleshooting.
- Provide innovative technical solutions to complex hardware/software problems.
- Understand and Deliver Managed Services offerings.
- Understand and follow RetroFit processes and procedures.
- Provide detailed and effective communication to internal and external customers.
- Clearly and concisely articulate problems and solutions for issues to clients both over the phone, via e-mail and in person.
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning.
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade technology infrastructures.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with little supervision.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements, and internal projects.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Handles several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoots and develops internal network, responds to emergencies).
- Communicates with Director of Technical Services all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Responds to all customers professionally and courteously and relays any customer questions or concerns to manager.
- Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
- Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Tests, evaluates, and develops new products, offerings, and solutions.
- Minimum of 3-year engineering experience – building could infrastructure.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable. Other Required Qualifications.
- Capable of resolving critical issues in a time sensitive manner, cognizant of requisite service levels.
- Azure or AWS Certification.
- Experience with Windows 2012, 2016 & 2019 Server role.
- Experience with tools such as Mimecast, Cisco Umbrella, Sophos, etc.
- Experience with RMM tools such as Datto Autotask
- Experience with Office 365 and cloud solutions (Azure/AWS).
- Experience troubleshooting email related issues
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Must have strong interpersonal communication and team-based skills
- Must have strong documentation skills
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Critical attention to detail and solid creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform intermediate root cause analysis.
- Ability to consistently follow policies and procedures.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all coworkers and stakeholders, in including senior leadership.
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, diverse and growth-oriented environment.
- Must know when to ask for assistance. Must be approachable, teachable, a team player with a strong desire to continue learning and expanding their experience in a highly evolving technical environment.
- ITIL Foundations Certification considered a plus
As our NOC Manager, you will be responsible for the daily management of the NOC, Dispatch & Break-Fix Departments. You will effectively and efficiently manage operations of the department to drive high quality customer satisfaction while building relationships with our customers. The NOC Manager will be responsible for managing, triaging, delegating, and supervising the RMM Ticket Board.
Day – To – Day Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day Operations within RetroFit’s Managed Services Division (NOC, Help Desk, Dispatch & BreakFix), including quarterbacking and overseeing each team to ensure consistent and streamlined processes.
- Act as the Main Point of Issue escalation
- Managing Backlog Ticketing Report – Ensure movement in closing tickets and reporting progress to customers and RF Management.
- Acting as an effective communication liaison between the customer & Managed Services Division when appropriate.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made; take corrective action, if necessary
- Oversee the monitoring of customer workstations, servers and networks to ensure RetroFit meets and exceeds Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements and business systems availability targets
- Understand customer concerns/issues and present options to solve problems
- Oversee and provide hands-on technical guidance for escalated production incidents, root cause analysis and subsequent actions to improve handling and early detection
- Manage the On-Call rotation, After-Hours rotation schedule
- Develop and provide incident reports for any major customer incidents
- Confirm information for all Managed Services clients is updated and maintained in RMM
- Deep knowledge of all existing Manage Services & Break-Fix contracts – including all agreed upon SLA’s, tracking of those SLA’s and escalating any SLA related issues to management.
- Driving, Developing, Managing, Auditing and Maintaining the break-fix procedures and technology in order to minimize resolution time (Goal: ONE CALL – ONE VISIT).
- Manage, train, assist and develop the NOC/HD/Break Fix Staff
- Maintain appropriate staff utilization levels to meet departmental requirements
- Report to Management Staff Utilization
- Raise all staffing issues/concerns/successes to management team
- Manage team recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management
- Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between business units and/or departments
- Run the Weekly NOC/HD Team Meeting
- Encourage open communication between team members, allowing the team to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver more effective service
- Act as the Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) subject matter expert (SME), preferably in AutoTask
- Work as an escalation point for RMM issues and help resolve technical issues within the NOC, SOC and Service Desk Teams
- Identify areas of opportunity for process or technology improvement, provide leadership and develop plans to meet these objectives
- Assist with NOC team to problem solve and identify incident root cause issues, then work to eliminate recurring issues
- Ensure recurring/preventative maintenance plans are defined, implemented and executed
- Extremely strong Management skills.
- Management experience to lead, mentor and support a group of technical and non-technical staff.
- Incredibly effective Prioritization and Delegation skills.
- Thrives in a high-paced environment
- Strong Multi-Tasking Skills
- Adaptable & Quick Decision-Making Skills
- Issue-resolution mentality
- Minimum requirement of 3 years of MSP/NOC experience
- Minimum requirement of 5+ Management experience
- 3-5+ years of Technical hands-on experience building and delivering Server, Network and Cloud solutions.
- Current understanding of Technical Concepts and applications (Virtual Environments, Networks, WiFi, Cloud Solutions)
- Ability to evaluate, provide recommendations, and implement third party NOC solutions
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the industry, market, customers, competitors, suppliers, partners and capabilities of the organization.
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Strong work ethic!
To Apply for a position at RetroFit Technologies please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.